Monday, October 3, 2011

N.Y painting

      The drawing that I had to compare my painting to was number 6. The drawing had a path way leading to a house with a big X over the house. Next to the house there was a box and it look like there was a died pig in it. I had to take this drawing and make it based on how I thought of New York.
      So my painting is based on tall buildings and lot of apartment symbolizing how over crowded New York is. I drew a factory based on the pollution in are air. Also I drew a stream of water with a taxi boat in it to show how people all over the world come to visit New York. I painted the water like a green blue to show how dirty are river is and how much garbage is thrown in it. The flag standing on the island alone shows the gay pride of New York, how they legalized marriage for all gay people. The colors of the empire state building symbolize the freedom of New York and are powerful city. Also The respect for all the love ones we lost on 9/11.
    Next to my painting on New York I painted a hill with a path leading down and on the top of the hill I drew a house which I saw in the drawing. I made it look more of a farm with pigs around to show the comparison in the drawing I saw. This side of my drawing shows how far from New york you really are, and how different it really is. I feel as if New York show exactly how it represents it self. Other then all other places it doesn't really show what its about, but one look of New York tells you everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment