Tuesday, October 25, 2011

M.o.m.a Museum

   This week I had to go to M.O.M.A in Manhattan and watch a show of different artist. One artist that caught my attention was Romare Bearden . The reason why he caught my attention was because the art work that I saw from him had to do a lot of what my class was working on this week.
  


    I saw Three paintings of his telling a story with just forming a collage. One of them had an African American holding a baby and 2 people walking in the back round. You were able to tell it was night because of the dark blue sky and the moon was out. They where around mountains and it looked as if the African American was posing as if she was taking a picture.
     Another one of his pieces looked like they where at a jazz club drinking and having a good time. It shows all different kinds of personality's in just one picture. I was a fan of his work and the different ways how he could tell a story of just forming a big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment